I know pumpkin doesn’t get the best reviews when it comes to cooking or baking, it’s definitely one of my favourites. I love it in breads, cakes and yes soup! This is a great comfort soup for the holidays and a great way to use up your Halloween pumpkins.
A bit of potato, carrots, pumpkin, apple and spices goes a long way with this soup. The bacon gives it an extra crispy touch and makes it complete.
If you feel like pumpkin is a definite no (and yes I know some of you may feel this way..) You can definitely replace it with any squash you have and it will be just as delicious!
Creamy Pumpkin and Crispy Bacon Soup
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 cups pumpkin, cubed can sub with any squash!
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 sprigs thyme
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 5 pieces bacon
- some olive oil to drizzle
- Add all of your veggies and spices to the instant pot. Add the stock and mix.
- Pressure cook, high, for 20 mins.
- While you wait cook the bacon and set aside.
- Release the pressure, mix the soup and thin it out with water if needed. Add to a blender or use a hand blender to make it nice and smooth.
- Pour into bowls, top with bacon and some olive oil. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my step by step process below for the full recipe!
Leave a Reply