A delicious strawberry treat! Perfect for any get together, party or an evening treat.
This beautiful galette uses the simplest ingredients and you don’t even need to make the dough. Store-bought pastry definitely comes in handy to cut the time in half. The lemon mixed with the ricotta gives it such a distinct sweet flavour.
Strawberry Ricotta Galette
A beautiful way to use those strawberries!
- 1 pack puff pastry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups strawberries cut in half
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Extra brown sugar for dusting
- Set oven to 375F.
- Add ricotta and honey to a food processor and pulse until smooth, set side.
- To a bowl, add your strawberries, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir well and set aside.
- Flour your work surface and lay down one piece of puff pastry.
- Spread half of your whipped ricotta on top leaving a 1-inch border (rest can be kept in the fridge to make a second one).
- Add your strawberry mix with the juice, on top. Fold in the puff pastry until you have a tight circle.
- Add your egg wash on top and sprinkle with a bit more brown sugar.
- Set in the fridge 15mins then bake for 40-45mins until golden. Cool for 5mins and eat! This is great when served with icecream.
Leave a Reply