This delicious braised short rib is the perfect holiday dinner! Slow cooked for 4 hours with beautiful herbs, carrots, onions, celery, wine and stock. This is definitely a meal not to be missed this holiday season!
I love cooking braised short rib!! It is a beautiful meal each time and is so full of flavour. Do not be intimidated by this meal, it is so simple to make and most of the time is spent in the oven.
So sit back, enjoy a glass of wine, relax and smell the delicious meal coming your way!
I made sure to serve mine with mashed potatoes. You can always serve it with mashed parsnips, polenta or even brussel sprouts.
Slow Cooked Celebration Short Ribs
- Dutch Oven
- 1.3 kg short rib
- salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups broth (chicken or beef)
- 1 cup water
- Set oven to 300F
- In a dutch oven, on medium heat, add some grapeseed oil or avocado oil. Salt and pepper your short ribs and sear 1-2mins on all sides.
- Remove the meat and set aside. Add in the onions to the hot pan and sauté for 3 mins. Add carrot and celery and cook 3-4 mins.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Add parsley and garlic, cook 1 min.
- Add the short rib back in with the wine. Cook on low for 15 mins.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Close the lid when beginning to boil. Place in the oven and cook for 4 hours.
- It will reduce, stir halfway through (add more water or broth if you'd like!)
- When done, allow to rest 10 mins and serve over mashed potatoes or polenta.
Be sure to check out the video below for the full step by step process. Enjoy!!!