Summer is here! Time to make some awesome lemonades to soak in all the goodness and bring in that summer heat. This recipe may take some time but it is well worth it. Creating your own blueberry simple syrup allows you to control how much to add. Also, you can keep it in the fridge for up to a week, so more for you!
I love a good homemade lemonade. It tastes so much better than store bought and you can have fun with the flavours you create.
The blueberry lemonade is definitely a favourite! The sweetness of the blueberry mixed in with the tartness of the lemon make it such a splendid treat.
Here is the full recipe! Let me know if you want to see other flavours!
Refreshing and Delicious Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey (or other sweetener)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Simple Syrup, optional
- 1. Make your blueberry syrup. Boil the honey and blueberries together in a small saucepan. Boil until the blueberries break and release their juice (about 5 mins).
- Strain the blueberries and push down in the sieve to get all the juice out. Refrigerate the syrup for 1 hour.
- Add ice to a glass or mason jar. Juice 1 lemon and add to the mason jar.
- Once the syrup has cooled, add 4-6 tbsp to your glass. Add some water to top the glass and stir.
- If you want it sweeter, add some simple syrup. Add a straw and enjoy!