A delicious skillet chicken filled with holiday flavour, beautiful cranberries, amazing spices and herbs. This combination is a great one to make for dinner (one pan meals for the win!) Enjoy this for lunch if you have any leftovers! I served mine with plain white rice. You can also serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts or a side salad.
Chicken thighs are the star of this dish. I find them so much more versatile, juicier with all of my chicken meals and more cost effective than chicken breast. If you haven’t tried them, you must with this recipe!
Juicy cranberries give this dish a hint of sweetness as it mixes in with the white wine and rosemary. It’s a holiday meal to serve for all and it’s taste will prove it to you.
Holiday Chicken with Cranberry Sauce
- 10-12 boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Fresh rosemary for serving
- Set your oven to 425F. Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme and lemon juice. Let it marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Add some oil to a cast iron pan, brown your chicken 2-3 mins per side. Remove from the pan into another bowl and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add the onions to the cast iron pan and cook for at least 5 mins. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in the wine and cook on low for 3 mins.
- While the wine is cooking through, in a small bowl mix together the olive oil, honey and cranberries (set aside).
- Add the chicken into the pan with the cranberry mix. Top it off with chicken stock.
- Bake for 30 mins until cooked through. Serve with rice and topped with rosemary.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments! What are your favourite ways to make chicken during the holidays?
Be sure to check out my video below for a step by step process of this dish!
Leave a Reply