Sometimes I crave a good banana bread, but I sometimes don’t like to use regular flour (I feel off and too many grains can get to me). This amazing banana bread is fantastic if you’re craving a classic and feeling like a healthy substitute. Great for anyone who is grain-free! You can also customize it by adding in walnuts or even white chocolate chips!
Perfect for the fall months with a cup of tea or coffee. Great to freeze for later or have for breakfast.
Grain-Free Banana Bread
- 4 large overripe bananas
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (room temp)
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and put them aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the eggs and mashed banana in a separate bowl.
- Add the vanilla and coconut oil and mixed until combined.
- Slowly stir dry into wet and mix until just moistened.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool and drizzle some honey over the loaf.