This is one of my favourite desserts! Perfect for a gift (I love giving them to the kiddos in my life, on their birthday!). This is also great if you’re having a get together.
So moist, chewy and lots of chocolate. This is the ultimate skillet cookie and you’re going to love it!
I love to serve mine with vanilla ice cream and take a spoon right into the centre! Sorry not sorry on that one. It’s definitely a family sharing kind of cookie or a girls night out dig in dessert.
Double Chocolate Chip Cast Iron Cookie
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet 12-13'
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips You can mix it up with chocolate chips and broken chocolate bits!
- Set oven to 375F. Line your cast iron with parchment paper or butter it.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine sugars with butter until well incorporated.
- To the same bowl, add in eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
- To a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add them to the wet mixture and mix one more time with a spatula.
- Fold in chocolate. Place batter onto the cast iron. Wet your hands and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 20 mins. Remove from the oven, allow to cool 5 mins in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack. Once cooled, cut (or scoop!) and serve. We love having it with icecream.