Another warm cup of happiness for the holiday season! This is my version of a Christmas chai latte full of spice and some amazing Peppermint Mocha creamer. Mix in peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves with your frothed milk and some chocolate shavings and it’s a perfect latte.
The perfect Christmas treat in a cup! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Check out the steps below.
Christmas Chai Latte
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks, snapped
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 3 black tea bags
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- ¾ cup Peppermint Mocha Creamer (Nutpods brand), frothed
- Cinnamon stick and chocolate shavings for garnish
- Last the cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon sticks for 3-4mins in a saucepan.
- Slowly add in the water (lower the heat it will jump).
- Add the ginger and cardamom, simmer for 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 10mins.
- Strain the tea out. Add your sweetener and mix. Add some of the tea to your mug with the frothed milk and toppings. Keep the remainder in the fridge for another time.